The Light in Your Journey
What is Alzheimer's and Dementia?
Alzheimer’s is a type of dementia that causes problems with memory, thinking and behavior. Symptoms start out slowly and get worse over time.
Dementia is a general term for a decline in metal ability severe enough to interfere with daily life.
Ten Warning Signs of Alzheimer's
1. Memory loss that disrupts daily life
2. Challenges in planning or solving problems
3. Difficulty completing familiar tasks at home, at work or at leisure
4. Confusion with time or place
5. Trouble understanding visual images and spatial relationships
6. New problems with words in speaking or writing
7. Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps
8. Decreased or poor judgement
9. Withdrawal from work or social activates
10. Changes in mood and personality
Memory Care Communities are Built for the Specific Purpose of Serving Those with Dementia
Memory Care Communities Offer Programs to Help with Behavioral Issues
Memory Care Serves Families, & Those with Alzheimer’s Disease
Memory Care Improves Safety and Quality of Life for People with Dementia
Memory Care Does not Isolate People with Dementia